Monday, March 8, 2010

DNA heritage

I think I'm going to change the name of this blog to The Lazy since I never actually post anything here.

In other news, I have been watching Faces of America, in which Henry Louis Gates (of the beer summit) traces the ancestry of 12 famous Americans. This is the only time I've wished I were famous -- just so someone could give me my family tree. I was fascinated by the show beyond the celebrity factor. (Yo-Yo Ma, it turns out, is quite chill, and I want to be his friend.)

The last episode has a DNA analysis, where they determine which percentage of the stars' DNA is European, African, Asian, etc. The results were surprising for some. That would be fun to find out, but I am skeptical that the technology is that precise. I don't really know, but I'm skeptical. Either way, it's interesting for discussion!

No comments: